Public Speaking: To register your intention to speak at a Council, Cabinet or Committee meeting, please contact Democratic Services on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01799 510410 or 510548. Panel, Forum and Working Group meetings do not generally permit public speaking. Please refer to a specific meeting's pdf agenda pack for further information and registration deadlines.
Live Broadcast: For Council, Cabinet and Committee meetings the audio player will appear on this page a few minutes before the meeting is due to begin. Please note that Panel, Forum and Working Group meetings are not generally broadcast on the website.
Venue: Committee Room - Council Offices, London Road, Saffron Walden, Essex CB11 4ER. View directions
Contact: Democratic Services 01799 510434 Email: email@example.com
Apologies for Absence and Declarations of Interest
To receive any apologies for absence and declarations of interest.
Councillor Day declared the following:
· He was the Uttlesford District Council Topic Lead for the Police
· He had been a member of Essex Police
· He was in receipt of a Police pension
· He had been a customer of the premises, but did not consider himself to be a regular there
To consider the application for a premises licence – Indian Villa, Thaxted.
Mr Sutherland requested on behalf of the Indian Villa that the meeting be deferred for three reasons:
· An application to transfer the premises licence to a new Designated Premises Supervisor had been filed the previous day.
· Government regulations stipulated that it was necessary to give ten working days notice of the intention to hold a hearing, and in this case the licence holder had only received 9 days notice.
· His client had fallen ill and was not able to be present to represent himself. Mr Sutherland did not have instructions to proceed with the meeting.
The Solicitor said the Council had not received the fee to transfer the premises licence, and Essex Police had not been advised of the application. She advised that given the correct notice period had not been given, and because the client deserved the right to be heard, that the meeting be deferred.
It was agreed that the meeting would be deferred until a later date. The Chair apologised to those present for any inconvenience caused.
The meeting closed at 10.45.